Thursday, September 11, 2008

This Day

Where was I on September 11, 2001? Oddly enough, I was right here in the Butler Mail Room.

I had just come in when the first plane hit. Marsha told me there'd been an accident. We listened to coverage while doing the morning sort and heard that the second tower had been hit, and it became clear these weren't accidents. For the rest of the day work was sporadic as people went back and forth to offices with TVs or radios, internet coverage and email checks to make sure people were knew weren't hurt. After the first hour, memories start jumbling.

Today, while dashing back and forth between two mail rooms, I'm going back over an old chestnut: my first extensive comic book script. It's a three-issue story that I'm reediting. I knew I'd grown as a writer since I first wrote this script, but... well let's just say I have a lot of work to do. The basic story is one I'm still proud of, so it'll be worth it in the end.

No comments: