Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Impressions

So far, I gotta say it's a lot better than I could have feared.

My previous experience at the job has turn my learning curve into a dull incline. I need to touch up on names and the machine - while very user-friendly - is completely different, but I'm picking things up fast. Everyone's been very excited about me being back and I feel very welcome. And it doesn't hurt that my old benefits have apparently been waiting for me.

Of course, my routine is disrupted. Focusing on one aspect, I'm trying to fix it so that I wake up, go to the gym, straight from there to work. I tried the gym then home for breakfast then to work today, and that didn't work so well. All I need to do is get myself some cereal and a coffee maker there and I'm golden.

My research endeavors have been slow but steady. I finished a key book in character research for the webcomic, and the ideas just keep on coming. I am running out of ways to stall on producing the thing, and I'm sure the universe is worried. The fact that the Large Hadron Collider is about to come online cannot be a coincidence.

No comments: